Thursday, November 02, 2017

Closing in on the finish line...


I didn't do a lot of shooting in October. A couple hundred rounds at Blogorado and 275 rounds at ECQC and yesterday was my first range trip since I got home. The P30L had been languishing in a lockbox locked in the trunk of the Zed Drei, and the only bulk 9mm FMJ I had on hand was that TulAmmo...

I picked up a couple boxes of the range's 9mm ball ammo, which was currently a Remington 115gr load in brown cardboard boxes claiming to be a military/LE practice load.

Like I've come to expect from Remchester, velocity was wildly variable, at least judging by ejection patterns. Some rounds sent spent brass caroming off the lane divider and halfway across the floor, while others barely dribbled out of the ejection port and landed on the tray in front of me.

Round #50 failed to eject in a classic stovepipe.

The HK P30L has now fired 1800 rounds since it was last cleaned or lubricated with four failures to eject (#1,568, #1,578, #1,606, #1,750) and one failure to feed (#1,664). 200 rounds left to go.
.